The Side-Out Ambassador Program presents opportunities for student-athletes to make an impact by leading a Dig Pink® experience in their community, raising funds for Side-Out’s stage IV breast cancer research, and learning more about breast cancer.
By applying to be an Ambassador, students place themselves in the extraordinary position to use the power of sport to impact those around them and the lives of those living with stage IV. No matter a student’s age, we encourage participation in The Side-Out Ambassador Program as an opportunity for leadership experience, personal growth, and community service.
Benefits of Being An Ambassador
As part of the Ambassador Program experience, students will:
- Create a Dig Pink experience in your community & fundraise to support The Side-Out Foundation’s stage IV breast cancer research.
- Educate themselves about breast cancer to gain more knowledge about the cause and why more research is needed for those living with stage IV.
- Complete a Dig Pink Campaign Plan to showcase everything done to create maximum impact in the community.
- Complete the Impact Playbook on your Fundraising Page.
- Write a 500-750 word essay about the experience and how they were impacted by the program.
- Select a sponsor to write a Letter of Recommendation detailing the hard work that took place.
When a student completes each of the items above, she/he officially becomes a Side-Out Ambassador!
Dig Pink® and Side-Out’s Ambassador Program encouraged Sarah to pursue a nursing career.
At the completion of the program, Ambassadors receive national recognition and become eligible for scholarship funds, ranging from $1,000 to $3,500 for high school juniors, seniors and college-aged students! These scholarship funds are a reward for our Ambassador’s dedication to the cause, encouraging them to continue a life of setting and achieving their goals.
In addition to scholarship eligibility, Ambassadors who play volleyball are eligible for another very special volleyball award. Together, Side-Out and the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) offer the Side-Out/AVCA National Dig Pink® Award. This national honor is given to three Ambassadors who demonstrate extraordinary commitment to their community as well as their sport.