The Side-Out Ambassador Program presents opportunities for students to make an impact by leading a Dig Pink® or Dig-A-Thon campaign, raising funds for Side-Out’s stage IV breast cancer research, and learning about breast cancer.
By applying to be an Ambassador, students place themselves in the extraordinary position to use the power of sport to impact those around them and unite their community. No matter a student’s age, we encourage participation in The Side-Out Ambassador Program as an opportunity for leadership, personal growth, and community service.
As part of the Ambassador Program experience, students will:
- Host a Dig Pink event or Dig-A-Thon campaign and fundraise for The Side-Out Foundation to support stage IV breast cancer research
- Complete a few hours of breast cancer education to gain more knowledge about the cause and why research is important
- Write a 500-750 word essay about the experience and how they were impacted by the program
- Fill out an Event plan to showcase everything that was done for the event
- Select a sponsor to write a Letter of Recommendation detailing the hard work that took place
When a student completes each of the items above, she/he officially becomes a Side-Out Ambassador!